Chemical Processes for Steel Alloys
Our Chemical and Electrochemical processes are Nadcap Accredited moreover they are recognized and qualified by the major Aerospace Industries.
Processi Speciali has a new indipendent plant for the chemical and electrochemical treatments of steel alloys, both fully automated with software for setting and monitoring the working parameters such as temperature, pressure, voltage, current, etc.
Tanks dimensions are: 1000 mm x 600 mm x 1500 mm h.
This new plant includes the new Zink-Nickel plating and Passivation.
All the solutions in the vats are continuously monitored, analyzed and optimized by the laboratory through the identification and analysis of polluting agents, the solutions concentration, PH, contained of TDS, speed of attack for pickling and de-greasing vat, etc. All this data is collected and used for the statistical control of the processes.
Other than the maintenance and control of the plant, instruments, vat solutions, working paramenters and everything pertaining to chemical and electrochemical processes, Processi Speciali strictly follows customer specification carring out a considerable number of distructive tests such as corrosion tests (salt spray fog test), tests of adhesion after the chromate conversion treatment and anodic oxidation of aluminum alloys, calculation of the weight of the anodic covering and all the other tests required by our customers.
All the personnel that work on the plants are experienced and continuously trained.
Chemical processes for Steel alloys:
- Zink Nickel Plating Alk
- Steel Passivation in HNO3
Processi Speciali Srl Zink-Nickel ElectroPlating Capabilities:
- High nickel (6-16 %) alloy. Zn-Ni plating is used to provide corrosion steel parts that may operate at elevate temperature (see AMS 2417);
- Rack and barrel plating available
- Precision masking available for selective plating
- Parts baked for hydrogen embrittlement relief when required in BAC 5621 compliant ovens
- In-house salt spray testing per ASTM B 117 and ISO 9227
- Thickness analysis using XRF technology, and standard metrology methods
- Applicable Specifications: AMS 2417 ; BAC 5621, BSS 7235 , ISO 2409, AIPS 02-04-06,, BAC 5637 (zn-ni), ASTM B-568 (X ray), ecc